Nature of Snowdonia, Environmental Workshop (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
These workshops are primarily aimed at Mountain Leaders and Instructors or trainees working towards those awards. Anyone working outside with, or leading, groups in the hills or mountains of the UK should, however, find these workshops of interest. We generally attract a like-minded keen group of people who get along with each other giving the day a fun feeling in which to learn.
Whilst the workshops have some key questions, we will respond to whatever the environment and weather throw at us on the day of the workshop. Key questions for the day might include;
- What grows here and why? Plants, flowers, lichens, mosses etc.
- Why is the geology here so complex?
- Did the ice really shape these mountains?
- Geomorphology - what's that all about then?
- How special are lichens?
- How do you identify plants?
- Can you tell us a story?
- Who farms this land?
- Who uses this land?
- How are the uplands threatened and how might they change?
You will need to dress for the weather and expect to be 'on the hill' for about five hours. Bring a packed lunch. You will find a digital camera and/or a smart phone, pen/pencil and notebook handy too.
This workshop is eligible for MTA, AMI, BMG and BAIML CPD points.
- Nature of Snowdonia£45£450£0